How to Arrange Education in Progress on Resume Correctly?
A resume is an effective job search tool. It is the basis of the invitation to the interview and provides the employer with brief and accurate information about the candidate. In this article, we’ll show you how to update your CV/resume on your own. To rapidly navigate to a specific section, click on the link you need.
Basic Structural Components of a Resume
- Full name;
- Basic personal data: date of birth, address, telephone number;
- Purpose of job search (short description of the position you are applying for);
- The section “Professional activity” is the main one. Specify the years of beginning and end of work, the name of the organization, the title of the position. Start the job description from the last place of work. Job responsibilities and production achievements can be briefly described;
- Education and training. It is necessary to list all educational institutions and courses received in the specialty;
- The “Additional Information” section may contain some important data. These include language skills, computer skills, business traits, and personal qualities that increase your value in the eyes of your employer. A hobby should be mentioned only when it is closely related to the desired job. It can be noted that letters of recommendation will be provided if necessary;
Requirement for The Writing
A resume in content is not an autobiography or an extract from a workbook. This is a more complex advertising document. Therefore, during writing, it is recommended to comply with certain requirements:
- Occupy no more than 1-2 pages;
- Attractive in shape and easy to perceive;
- No spelling, grammatical, and typographical errors;
- Without abbreviations and unfamiliar terms;
- Divided into blocks;
- Present information concisely, concretely, truthfully;
- Contain verifiable information;
- Describe only the positive qualities of a person.
If you have difficulty writing a document, you can always get CV writing services on this online platform. We employ professional writers who write custom papers at affordable prices.
The Education Section as One of the Most Important Sections in the Resume
One of the most important sections on any resume is the education section. Education information should include the name of the educational institutions you have attended and your qualifications. That is, it is important to indicate the names of secondary special or higher education institutions and your degree. Data on the location of educational institutions and the period of study is valuable.
This is the most important information that is included in the “Education” section. You can also add here data about awards, grants, scholarships, and other achievements.
Is It Necessary to List Education in Progress on Resume?
If you have an education in progress, you should indicate this. However, several aspects need to be taken into account.
For example, if you are a first-year student, you just need to specify the name of the institution, faculty, and specialty you are receiving. It is important to focus the employer’s attention on the fact that you are currently in the process of learning. So, you get the appropriate education, which will later become a support for you in your professional activities. If at the time of writing your resume you have any achievements or awards, you should indicate them. This will allow the employer to consider you as a prospective employee.
If you are a final year student, you should list the works you have done during your studies. These can be term papers and dissertations, presentations, Capstone projects, etc. You can also remember the courses you attended. It is great if you can supplement this section with your professional achievements or certificates. This information will undoubtedly become valuable for a potential employer.
Examples of Arranging the Education in Progress on Resume
If you want to properly design education in progress on your resume, consider the examples below from ResumesOnTime.net:
- MBA, Human Resources Program
The University of Pennsylvania, Aliquippa city, Pennsylvania state. Expected completion 2023.
Graduate studies, Programming
- Stanford University, Stanford city, California state. Graduation date: Summer, 2021.
The first example will be more useful for those who are in the initial or intermediate stage of education. The second example is suitable for those who will soon complete their training.
How to Write in a Resume That I’m Not Planning to Finish the Degree?
You should indicate in your resume if you do not plan to finish your degree. Then the employer will understand that you are ready to devote yourself to work fully. He will also understand that you have already got the most out of your education and have the necessary skills for the job. If you do not have the necessary skills, the employer will decide on the possibility of cooperation.
Here’s an example of how to indicate on your resume that you do not plan to continue your studies:
University of Groningen, Groningen (2016 to 2020)
39 units toward a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
Where is the Best Place for Education in Progress in a Resume?
College and university students usually post an education section at the beginning of their resumes. This is because young people do not yet have work experience that they can demonstrate to the employer. Therefore, they rely entirely on their knowledge and achievements. In this way, students emphasize their academic success.
Those who have some work experience or those who do not plan to continue their studies represent data about education in the middle or at the end of the document. In this way, they demonstrate that they have good work experience and are ready to work attentively.
Useful Tips for Writing the Education in Progress Section
Specialists of ResumesOnTime.net service give the following recommendations for writing the education in progress section:
- divide the section into subsections. The section can consist of several subsections, for example, “Certificates”, “Awards and achievements”, “Professional development”. This will allow you to present yourself profitably to the employer;
- indicate specific data. There is no need to hide the data about education. Specify the location of an educational institution, graduation date, etc.;
- specify your average score. This will allow the employer to conclude whether you are a diligent and responsible student;
- tell the truth. You should not hide any information about education. You should also not decorate your education. Write sincerely and truthfully. Then the employer will trust you.
Follow our recommendations and arrange the section about education correctly. It’s not difficult. The main thing is to write truthfully and honestly!